Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Presentation Services Not Starting after OBIEE 12C Installation - Windows 7


Hello guys,

I have been trying to install OBIEE 12C on my Windows 7 laptop for about 3 weeks and was stuck with an issue. Basically the Presentation services won't come up and when I try to manually start them the BI Server also goes down automatically. After researching for a long time, I was able to get help from Guillaume Slee from his site. Though his installation is on Windows 2012, the issue is same.

Going into the details of the issue, I had OBIEE 11.1.1.7.0 already installed on my machine. On top of this I have installed OBIEE 12C. Installation went fine and the configuration was also successful except that the Presentation Services did not come up with the below error.









And when I try to bring the presentation services up manually, I got the below error and BI Server also goes down automatically.








The root cause for this issue is the co-existence of OBIEE 11g and 12C DLL files on the same machine. Since the PATH environment variable already had OBIEE 11g related paths in it, 12C was trying to refer the DLLs of 11g and failing to start the Presentation Services.

The fix for this issue (Thanks to Guillaume Slee) is just to create a batch file with the below commands and start OBIEE services using the batch file.

set PATH=C:\Java\jdk1.8.0_66\bin;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem
call C:\Middleware12\user_projects\domains\bi\bitools\bin\start.cmd

You just need to make sure you replace the Java and OBIEE home paths as per your environment.

Once I started the services using this batch file, all the services came up without any issues and I was able to login successfully.



 So, there you go. If you face this issue on your machine this fix should work.

Cheers,
Siva



3 comments:

  1. I have the same issue but unfortunately solution suggested here is not working for me, do you have any idea what could be any other reason or any other solution I could try, please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am installing obiee version 11 on solaris 11 and coreapplication_obips1 is failing during installation and cannot proceed any further.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much brother, It helps me a lot.

    ReplyDelete

ORA-01719: outer join operator (+) not allowed in operand of OR or IN after upgrading to ODI 12c

Hello All, I'm writing here after a long gap. Hope you all are doing great, and will continue to read my posts!! Recently, after upgradi...